Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Friday & TWENTY (& a geography lesson)

I joined in on the Black Friday fun last week. I went shopping with Christopher's mom, his sister-in-law (my future SIL!), and her mom. Don't worry, I didn't buy myself a thing. I did get a lot of little parts of presents. Black Friday was relaxing and fun. What?! Yes, Black Friday shopping was slow and people were kind. That's because we were in the U.P.

Non Michigan natives, U.P. means the Upper Peninsula... of Michigan... Yeah, I'm originally from Wisconsin and most of my classmates didn't even know it existed either. From friends that aren't from Michigan, I've heard that the U.P. isn't even on a lot of maps. It's just morphed into part of Wisconsin. Heard of Mackinac Island? Mackinac bridge? The bridge connects the lower peninsula of Michigan with the upper peninsula. Contrary to popular belief, people that live here (we're called Yoopers.... U.P.ers, get it?) have indoor bathrooms, don't shoot everything we eat, and don't all live in the woods. I've gotten questioned about that, even by people who live in lower Michigan. Strange. I mean, I do have a pet raccoon, but other than that... kidding. I don't. But my dad does have a friend who does... seriously. But that's weird. Even for Yoopers.

Black Friday outfit:

Shirt: Forever 21 (totally a steal... $13! Not even on sale! It's like sweatshirt material too.. so comfy. Buy it! I mean, after the challenge.)
Jeans: Elle (Kohls)
Boots: Younkers
Necklace: Kohls
Earrings: Gift from my honey

4 comments:

  1. your bun looks great! [is that the one that sydney taught--love her] cute outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I didn't know you're a Yooper! I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for 5 years and some of my closest friends are Yoopers, too (one from Sault Ste. Marie and one from Marquette).

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm inlove with this outfit! my cousin has that shirt too and i just die over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley! Yes, it's totally a Sydney bun! :)

    Rebecca - Yep, I'm a Yooper! But, I wasn't born here so the 'real' Yoopers tell me I'm not official. Guess I'm still a cheesehead....

    Katherine - Thanks! I love it too... I bought a mini one for my niece! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...