Wednesday, July 11, 2012

GIVE US 48.8333 YEARS

Last Saturday was Christopher's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Their kids planned a surprise party for them, following a mass dedicated to them. They knew about the mass, but Grandpa Ray claims he knew all along about the party. Grandma June was clueless, even after their friends had spilled the beans (more than once).

When I took out my camera (iPhone) during church to snap a picture, Christopher whispered, "What are you doing?!" I wasn't facebooking, my dear.
(He loves the picture.)

When the tornado sirens went off mid-service, I certainly did want to check the radar on my phone. I held back. As the priest said after mass, if one's going to be in a tornado, church is probably the best place to be. (Though  I was wearily eyeing those stained glass windows and the heavy support beam above my head... I've already admitted pretty churches distract me, and during a tornado! I was planning my pretty escape!)

At the end of the service, the priest asked the family if anyone wanted to say something. A few people went, then Christopher stood up. He spoke of how we look up to their marriage. He talked about a commercial on the radio. It asks you to think about how many people a marriage makes a positive impact on. I don't know it word-for-word, but it goes as far as asking if a marriage touches as many people that would fit into a sports stadium. Christopher said not only does his grandparents' marriage affect their families and friends in Illinois, but everyone that those people come in contact with. Their marriage is making a positive impact on our marriage, so even in Michigan, our friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc. are also touched by their love.

Our 50th is only 48.8333 years away!
my current go-to hairstyle found here
It is ridiculous how excited I was to find Rooster Booster! 
I drank so much of this in college on road trips, but I haven't seen it in years. 
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...