Wednesday, June 13, 2012

FIRST-TIMER

When we bought our house at the end of last summer, we were thrilled with our yard. I've mentioned before that we have plum trees, rose bushes, an apple tree, and raspberry bushes.

One thing we had hoped for in a house was a yard big and sunny enough to grow a garden. Our backyard is perfect for a garden! Christopher tilled up a little patch of earth for me to plant. If all goes well, we'll expand next year.
One of my coworkers planted seeds with her class in toilet paper rolls. It worked so well that I did the same with my class and now I'm trying it with my garden as well.

It's amazing to see the little seedlings grow! I haven't planted them into the garden yet, so they are all basking in the sun on our driveway. I wanted to give them a head start and be able to move them inside if it got cold. Yes, it's mid-June, but what can I say? The U.P.'s weather is unpredictable! We actually had a frost warning two nights ago.

I'm excited to see how (er, if?) our garden turns out. Since I've never planted more than a few herbs in pots, I'm eager to see if my black thumb can turn green.
Also! I've never been into birds, but this (Christmas gift) hummingbird feeder outside our kitchen window has turned me into a bird watcher. Yesterday, I spotted a monarch feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...