Monday, January 9, 2012

I wreath you a merry Christmas

I wanted to make something special for my for my best friend's mom (my second mom!) for Christmas. I've been loving all the yarn wreaths popping up on pinterest and thought it was time to give them a try.

First, I made one for our front door in a fall theme.
When it came time to make one for a present, I was torn about which season/holiday it should be. If I made a Christmas one, she'd have to take it down almost after she received it. I decided to make a white wreath with blue flowers for winter. That way she could keep it up a few extra months.

I came up with this:
As I worked, Christopher came up with the best idea: make my wreath seasonally interchangeable! Seriously, leave it to the least crafty person to come up with the best idea! (Christopher's crazy creative and full of great ideas...even with stuff he has no interest in, like crafts.)

Behind each flower is a spot of velcro for easy removal. I wrapped the winter wreath in a large gift bag, then wrapped the rest of the flowers and directions in a small box.

Here is the finished product with the directions I included with the gift. I hope she loves it!:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...