Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hers, Mine, & Ours / Guest Style!

My 30x30 is on pause today!

I must say I was thrilled when Meredith of Yours, Mine, & Ours (like how I tied her blog in my title?... I'm clever like that) suggested we do a little bloggy switcheroo today (we're at her blog today too!). We figured out that we have the same shirt, so here we are styling it in our own ways! I bought mine on clearance at Target, while she thrifted hers:

On Meredith's style, "I tend to belt this thrifted tunic and today was no exception. Using a scarf, I emphasized the waist. Check out my blog to get a mini tutorial on how I use scarves as belts! Woo hoo!" (If you haven't checked out her blog already, get there. Now! She styles on the cheap with thrifted and freepiled clothes. Plus she's hilarious and creative. That necklace she's wearing? She made it! Enough said.)

On my own style, I also chose to belt this outfit. And, true to my skirt-loving style, I wore it under a dress. I only recently began mixing brown and black, but it's a new favorite of mine. I might be taking a day off from the 30x30, but I'd like to pat us on the backs for some sweet remixing. Isn't that the point of the 30x30? The answer is yes!

Since it's awfully cold here today (and always), I actually wore this outfit under a warm sweater:
What I wore...
Shirt: Target (clearance)
Dress: Gap (clearance)
Belt: Came with a dress
Leggings: Kohls
Boots: Steve Madden
Earrings: Target

15 comments:

  1. I love your outfit ... it's cute and adorable!

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your outfits :) The colour of the top is so gorgeous x

    Bows and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! mine's up now too. love this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of this shirt is just amazing and pairing it with black and brown love it :)
    http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green shade of the top!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! This is really a nice color on both your shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good eye--on realizing you have the same shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute to both of you! You look warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that green blouse. Lovely pictures!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a nice color! I love how you both styled it!

    -Elizabeth
    Girls Who Wear Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brown and black is a do! Lovely colored blouse too!
    G i v e a w a y!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute. Love your belt and boots!

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge fan of Meredith, found you via her! ... Cute outfit love the way you layerd the dress, you look so ladylike!

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...