Sunday, February 20, 2011

1st Place Pup / day 8

Yesterday, Christopher and Telula did a race together. Telula came in first place in the dog division! She did last year as well. In the human competition, Christopher came in 4th!
Getting ready to line up:
Ready for the start:
IPod ready:
Run or read in a warm car? I went with the latter:
Here they come:
Best. photo. ever! Love the concentration on Christopher... and could Telula be any cuter?!
Eyes of a Tiger:
Christopher is a great runner and he's been thrilled to have a buddy to run with... and keep pace! He has gotten me to run with him on occasion, but he's much faster than me! Plus I'm what you would call a warm weather runner. It's like a fair weather friend, but literal. I am starting to train for summer races, but I'm training indoors on a treadmill. I don't like running when I can see myself exhale. Last summer was my first time racing, thanks to Christopher's encouragement. I did two 5Ks and one 10K. I'm excited to improve my time this coming summer!

Us after our 10K last year. It was my first, but Christopher has done them before:

What I wore... (after the race, of course)
Shirt: Target
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Target
Necklace: Vintage (was my mom's)
Sweater Tights: KMart
Boots: Steve Madden

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Sounds like a fun day.
    I love the belt you wore with your outfit.

    http://adailyolive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i like running, but when it is warm. i hate that feeling in your chest that you get after running when it is cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The entire family is fit! Congrats on the win. Your dog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool! you must be so proud! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that they can race together :)
    Good luck training for your races!!

    I am loving reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that they ran together! i love dogs! and yours has the cutest stinkin face ever!

    ReplyDelete

Comment? Yes please! Thanks for your input! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...